You must provide one photo with your membership application.
All our photo policies apply to both adults and children under age 16. We have a few exceptions to our photo policies for infants.
- Submit a color photo, taken in last 6 months
- Use a clear image of your face that reflects your true skin tone. Do not use filters commonly used on social media.
- Have someone else take your photo. No selfies.
- Use a plain white or off-white background
Resolution, Print Size, and Quality
- Submit a high resolution photo that is not blurry, grainy, or pixelated.
- The correct size of a ID photo is:
- At least 250x300px
- Head must be between 1 -1 3/8 inches (25 - 35 mm) from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head
- Do not digitally change the photo (except to remove red-eye)
- You cannot submit a damaged photo with holes, creases, or smudges.
Pose and Expression
- Have a neutral facial expression or a natural smile, with both eyes open.
- Face the camera directly with full face in view.
- Note to parents of young children: We realize that an infant's pose and expression are challenging to maintain for a photo.
- Taken in clothing normally worn on a daily basis.
- You cannot wear a uniform, clothing that looks like a uniform, or camouflage attire.
- You cannot wear a hat.
- You cannot wear headphones or wireless hands-free devices.
- You can wear jewelry and keep on your facial piercings as long as they do not hide your face. Permanent tattoos are acceptable for passport purposes as well.